Wednesday 23 October 2013

Melissa McCarthy: 'I picked the coat'

RELATED NEWS 'Elle' responds to cover controversy Melissa McCarthy was 'nervous' for shoot By Ann Oldenburg USA Today Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:21 AM

Melissa McCarthy has more to say about that Elle mag coat controversy.

At Monday's Elle Women in Hollywood awards event, she told E! News that she didn't understand what all the fuss over her wearing a coat on one of the covers, while Reese Witherspoon and other cover woman were more un-covered.

"What I found so bizarre is I picked the coat," McCarthy told E!. "I grabbed the coat. I covered up. I had a great black dress on but I thought, it comes out in November."

She adds, "I was so sick of summer. I live in Southern California. I was like, 'Give me a big coat to wear. Give the girl some cashmere!'"

While critics have been pointing the finger at Elle, the actress says the mag's editors and stylists are not to blame.

"They were like, 'The dress is really great,' but I was like, 'Yeah, but look at this.' I was just shocked I didn't steal it. Now I think I really should have the coat. I'm petitioning for that coat. Give me that coat. I earned it, d

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment