Friday 22 November 2013

Aaron Carter files for bankruptcy

By Andrea Mandell USA Today Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:39 PM

Aaron Carter, 25, is about to go on a financial diet.

The singer, who is the younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, has filed for bankruptcy.

"Aaron filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy protection to alleviate past issues in an effort to move forward with his life and career," his rep, Steve Honig, confirms to USA TODAY in a statement. "The overwhelming majority of the debt he is asking to be discharged is from more than 10 years ago when he was a minor and not in control of his finances."

According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, Carter's assets total $8,232.16, but his liabilities total $2,204,854, which include a $31,166 American Express bill. TMZ adds that Carter additionally owes over $1 million to the IRS.

The filing means we also now know how much it costs to be Carter on a monthly basis: $2,005, to be exact. That includes $600 for food, $150 for clothes, and $65 for hygiene. "He's currently living with a family member," says TMZ.

It seems a reformed path has been on his mind. "I've been living a different lifestyle," the Huffington Post reports Carter told the Wichita Eagle last month. "I don't party. I've partied enough. I don't go out. I focus on other things that are much more important. I focus on being an entertainer. I love performing. That's what I'm about. I want to take that next step."

Carter is currently on tour, and will be performing in Eugene, Ore., tonight.

.ob_what

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment