Tuesday 28 January 2014

My perfect weekend: Richard Dunwoody, champion jockey

By Olivia Parker

7:00AM GMT 28 Jan 2014

Follow

I spend about half the year leading riding and adventure holidays to far-flung places such as Afghanistan and Mongolia with the adventure company Wild Frontiers. Weekends on these trips don’t bear any resemblance to what I call normality back in Britain, so although they’re often exciting I’ll have to discount them from my perfect weekend.

This would start on a Friday night in the pub. My favourite is the Royal Oak in Yattendon, close to where I live near Pangbourne, Berkshire, and I like going there with friends for dinner and a few beers.

What always gets me out of bed on a Saturday morning is a 10km run, and there’s usually an organised one taking place in the Thames Valley that I can join. These days I keep fit for general health reasons, but when I was riding

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment